About Me

My photo
Jakarta, Tebet, Indonesia
anisa anindya wardhani. known as coko. call me anisa? anindya? ica? coko? whatever. feel free to explore my blog. you can check my twitter; @anisanindya if you wanna know me so well ;p

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

tuesday, 23 march 2010 ITS COBRA STARSHIP'S CONCERT HERE AT INDONESIA!

hey guyssss! udah ga posting lama ya hehehe hm kali ini gue mau posting tentang COBRA STARSHIP YG SEKARANG INI KONSERNYA LAGI BERLANGSUNG DI TENNIS INDOOR SENAYAN!

oke mungkin gue gak nonton ya tp semalem percaya ga percaya gue nangis gara gara ga boleh nonton cobras! ga boleh ama nyokap bokap gara gara bilangnya ga ada duit! ga mungkin banget deh kemaren tuh bokap abis beli something gitu deeeeeh unyunyu huhuhu -_- okedeh daripada gue ngeliatin tweets orang orang tentang cobra ini lah itu lah mending gue ngepost tentang cobra okeee? hahahah gue ngepost tentang history ama bionya mereka satu satu aja ya hehehe

History

Gabe Saporta was in the desert, contemplating his existence, when a cobra bit him on the neck. You're thinking: Yeah right. If a cobra bit his neck he'd be dead. But that's what happened. That moment, in the desert, while Gabe was clutching his neck in pain, hallucinating that the snake was schooling him on the dancefloor, was the inception of Cobra Starship. Not exactly the most conventional way to form a band.

Since that moment in the desert in 2005 a lot has happened. Gabe collaborated with William Beckett (The Academy Is), Travis McCoy (Gym Class Heroes), and Maja Ivarsson (The Sounds) to pen the first Cobra Starship song, "Bring It (Snakes on a Plane)," which came out on the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack in August 2006. A lot of people liked that song and Gabe realized that writing catchy songs is a good way to get to hang out with Samuel l. Jackson. He figured if he wrote a whole record full of songs like that maybe he and Sam could get BFF necklaces and have slumber parties.

Cobra's first album, While the City Sleeps, We Rule the Streets, came ou t in October 2006. A lot of people liked that too (some people didn't, but Gabe handled them and now they like it). Gabe got a band together?guitarist Ryland Blackinton, bassist Alex Suarez, keytarist Victoria Asher and drummer Nate Novarro. They started touring; nepotism earned them an opening slot on the Fall Out Boy tour. The members of Cobra said to each other, let's put out a new record every year. And let's starting writing new songs on tour right now!

Cobra's second record, ¡Viva la Cobra!, came out in October 2007. The album cover was a picture of Gabe wearing bling with his face on it. This time even more people liked the songs and Gabe's head started swelling uncontrollably. It barely fit on the tour bus, which was a problem because Cobra was touring a lot. They played MTV Spring Break, Bamboozle East, West; they rocked over london and rocked over Tokyo. They even made it up to Canada!

People liked the record so much that Cobra got their mugs on TV. They were on MTV's New Year's Eve, Jimmy Kimmel live, and late Night with Conan O'Brien. Then Alternative Press stuck them on the cover. Their video for The City Is At War went into the Top 10 on MTV. They headlined for the first time and sold out every show. In the summer of 2008, Cobra played the main stage of Warped Tour and sold massive amounts of neon-colored merch. After Warped Tour they were like, Shit! It's almost October! We owe the world a new record!

The band started writing and recording new songs in New York in September 2008, but nothing was working. October arrived and no record. Fail, as they say on the Interweb; Epic Fail. They went back into the studio in December only to discover a cyst on Gabe's vocal cords. Surgery ensued. Gabe was silent. Everyone was happy. Except still no record. While unable to speak, Gabe had a lot of time to think. He thought the band could benefit if they had some time to think too. So in January 2009, Cobra isolated themselves in a house in the Poconos, hooked up a web cam so fans could watch them waste valuable time, and spent several weeks working on new songs. Success. They recorded throughout January, February and March in New Jersey and los Angeles, with the band functioning as the producers. This was good because Ryland and Suarez are like totally awesome at producing.

While in the studio in lA, Gabe was told that a "top line writer" was coming in to collaborate. He thought they said "topless writer" and was bummed when American Idol's Kara DioGuardi appeared fully clothed. Still, Gabe gave her a shot, and together they penned the new album's first single "Good Girls Go Bad" (which features that girl who plays Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl). "That wasn't so bad," Cobra thought. So they collaborated a bunch more on the record (kind of like a hip-hop record with a lot of synth and no street cred). You're thinking: What? Gabe plays well with others? With that ego? But he does and he did and the result is Cobra Starship's third album, Hot Mess.

That's the story so far. It's mostly true. Except the part about Gabe's head. There's no way that thing can fit on a tour bus



Bio's


Name
Gabriel Eduardo Saporta
Day of Birth
October 11th
Nicknames
Gabe, Gabey Baby, Hey Asshole
Height
6'3"
Eye Color
Brown
Hometown
Montevideo, Uruguay. Currently tearing up the streets of New York
Hobbies
I don't have any hobbies. Unless you call collecting knives and putting tattoos across the foreheads of guys I don't like..."hobbies"
What's a fun fact about you?
on October 11, 1995 John Bobbitt had plastic surgery to increase his penis 3 inches and I like to think also to celebrate my Sweet Sixteen.
Childhood Crush
Janet Jackson on Good Times
Any traditions in your family?
I try to make a trip to Uruguay at least once a year to see my family and relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city lights.
Favorite thing to do while at home?
Sinking into obscurity.and the illegal underground poker league, shhhh!
Morning Routine
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Describe yourself in one word
Asstastic




Name
Ryland
Day of Birth
March 31st. Very nearly born on April Fool’s day which somehow would have seemed fitting.
Nicknames
Pleasure Ryland
Height
6'6"
Eye Color
Blue? Green?
Hometown
Born in South Kingstown, RI. Now I live in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
What was the last book you read?
Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut or the Stranger by Albert Camus. (favorite book)
Pc or Console Gaming?
I still do both.
First show you went to?
Dinosaur Jr
Any traditions in your family?
I have a pretty huge family and I guess that's a quirk in itself. My mother was one of seven children so when the whole family gets together we usually get pretty crazy. Lots of people in my family also play golf. It's our official sport I think.




Name
Alex Suarez. Not sure why my parents named me Alex. I think my mom just really thought it was a great name. As for my full name, it’s: Alexandro Fransisco Suarez Virta Marroquin Marciera.
Nicknames
Suarez, Suareasy, Shwartz, Shwartzkov, Fun boy
Height
6'2" (6'8" in heels)
Eye Color
Brown
Hometown
Born in Stamford Ct, currently reside in Brooklyn, NY. I spent my teen years in FL, Boca Raton and then Orlando when I was 20 - 23.
Any traditions in your family?
Not really. My mom used to make grilled teriyaki flank steak and cous cous every Sunday when we moved to FL
Favorite thing to do while at home?
Started anything new that you’ve never really done before, a new talent: I want to buy an accordion and learn how to play it, I like to play call of duty every night before I go to sleep, the focus really clears my head.
Your last Supper
Well, this is difficult for me, being a young vegetarian (2 years in Feb. 2010). Knowing it would be my last meal, would I eat meat and fish or do I stick with it. Whatever it would be, it would have to be prepared by Thomas Keller. I have been a big fan of his for a long time (check out the book "French Laundrey") and have been dying to eat at one of his restaurants. Being my last supper, I would eat everything and anything he puts in front of my face.



Name
Nathan Joseph Novarro II
Day of Birth
I was brought into this world on may the 4th 1986 in Knoxville TN. Came out of the womb with a cowboy hat and a rifle. Drinking a handle of 19yr old whiskey.
Nicknames
Recently it’s been Nerf but anything BUT Nasty Nate
Height
Believe it or not...5'10
Eye Color
Hazel
Any traditions in your family?
Every thanksgiving my family wakes up at 9am. We go to a local Irish pub at 10am and drink until dinner is ready at around 3pm. I've only had the pleasure of experiencing this just 1 time, but there will be many more in the years to come.
Your last Supper
Every form of fried chicken with hundreds of sauces to go with it. That includes Chick-Fil-A.
Dream Date with one celebrity
Kelly Kapowski. I'd take her to get a milk shake at The Max.
Favorite movie and or scene from a movie
I really like Gangs of New York. I love the style of dress they wore back then. The movie made me want to be Daniel Day Lewis' character for real.
Craziest Thing You've Done
Performing at the People’s Choice Awards. It was crazy to play in front of all the actors and actresses that I’ve been watching my whole life.




Name
Victoria Jane Asher I was named after Queen Victoria, no big deal!
Day of Birth
January 20th I came out covered in glitter!
Nicknames
V, Vic, Lahoya, Vicky-T but NOT Vicky
Height
5'11
Eye Color
Blue
Hometown
I was born in LA but spent half my life living in London as I am half British.
Childhood Crush
Johnny Depp. Always and forever! When I first saw him in Cry Baby as a kid I almost died! He's perfect!
Your last Supper
EGGS!


well thats all i know guys hehe hope you enjoy it thanks for reading xxxo love ya gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers